Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Monday, November 2, 2020

October 27th - 29th, 2020: 8 years & Dolly Parton crafting

I missed the last couple nights, so here we go with a 3 day update. 

Tuesday was our anniversary! 8 years baby. Kinda crazy we're only a couple years away from a decade. Woah. Ironically, we had less time to spend together that day than we normally do on weekdays because Adam went roofing and got tied up literally till I had to walk out the door for youth activities. And then of course I got home to an angry Nolan who still wasn't asleep yet because of a diaper rash that was really bothering him. Poor little fella. So I fed him again and cuddled him to try and soothe him and it was close to 9pm before we had time to spend together. Which at that point we were able to exchange cards and drink some sparkly. I also surprised Adam with a small gift so he opened that too. It was a game called The Ultimate Game for Couples - supposed to be a fun game full of random questions to ask each other and challenges to do separately/together and it seemed like it could be pretty funny and a chance to get to know each other even better. 🤷‍♀️ He seemed to think it was a cool idea and something different to do on Friday and Saturday nights at home - we shall see. So it was a pretty low key day cause after that we were honestly pretty beat and went to bed. Luckily we had celebrated in other more exciting ways ahead of time. 

I do wanna back up and elaborate on youth activities a little bit though before moving on because it was crazy - we planned a cake walk and had the youth basically do musical chairs but without chairs and whenever the music stopped if they landed on a number that we called they got a cupcake. Who doesn't like a cupcake right?! Especially when you're a teenager....! Nope, wrong. Teenagers apparently don't like cupcakes. Like only 2 of them actually said yes to a cupcake. I'm convinced though that after 1 person said no, the rest felt pressure to say no because ya know... at that age, you can't be the weird one and you just have to go with what the crowd does. I bet you most of them actually wanted a cupcake, but said no anyway. But don't worry, we still made them all take a bunch home so that we wouldn't be left with a million cupcakes. 🙄 Talk about a flop! 

What stands out from yesterday is wanting to kill Rowan for throwing stuff across the house all day long and working on Maeve's coat of many colors so she can be Dolly Parton tomorrow at school (they are supposed to dress up as their favorite book character). I was definitely a mean mom a few times that day because I've reached my limit with the throwing and I can't help myself but lose it. Which I SO hate - why why why do little boys have to throw/hit/kick/be so wild!? Honestly for the most part, he throws cause he thinks it's fun, not because he's angry. Probably 80% of the time it's just cause it's fun and the other 20% is out of anger. I don't know how to get through to him that we have a rule in our house that says NO THROWING! It's time to start praying real hard to see if I can get some answers on how to help him stop/how to deal with it without losing my mind. I need all the help I can get. 😩😭🙏

Oh, I also had an over the phone parent teacher conference with Maeve's teacher and she had ALL good things to say, so that was nice! Maeve is killing it in Kindergarten and is a little leader. She's excelling in everything, making friends, and being respectful. Ms. Brown said if she could have all Maeves her job would be easy! Such great news, so I'm proud of my cute little smarty pants. 👊

Anywho, since Adam worked from home yesterday after he was finished at 4pm I was able to run out and do a few errands so that I could get the supplies needed to help Maeve with her coat of many colors. My mom gave me the bright idea of just getting a white sweater or something and painting colorful squares all over it with fabric paint. So that's what we did! I got some thin tape and actually made a grid for Maeve so that she could paint the inside of each square that was made with the tape and that way we didn't have to worry about crooked lines as much. Not to mention it made it easier for her to paint within "the lines" so she did most of the painting. I only filled in the cracks a little bit here and there. She didn't stay in the lines perfectly so it looks like a 5 year old did it, but as it should I suppose! She actually stayed up past her bedtime by a bit finishing the front of it because I needed the whole front to be done so it could dry before working on the back today. It said it would take 4 hours to dry, but oddly enough we woke up to it still being wet this morning. 🤔🙄 So I had to take the blow dryer to it and I'll have to take the blow dryer to the back tonight too before I go to bed. The joys of helping your kids with their school projects! I know this wasn't an assignment, but still a project to complete nonetheless so that she's ready to be Dolly Parton tomorrow. 

In other news, Rowan keeps falling asleep in the car while waiting in line to get Maeve from school and then peeing in his sleep on the couch after we're home. And by "keeps" I really mean that he's done it twice now... 😂 Totally annoying, but it was pretty funny because one of the times he actually forgot to take his mask off after going to Walmart before picking her up and so he fell asleep with his mask still on. 😂 I can't even imagine how uncomfortable that would feel. Kinda mind blowing he didn't care to take it off. 

Today was a record setting day on all fronts because in the morning we left for school at 7:05am and Maeve got out of the car at 7:09am and then this afternoon I got in line at 2:42pm and Maeve was in the car at 2:50pm. 4 minutes and 8 minutes!? Say whaaaat! A total miracle. What's crazy is the other day I got to the school at probably 2:11pm which is pretty early and still didn't get to Maeve until a few minutes before 2:50pm. So honestly.... there's no point in showing up early because she still waits just as long. I might as well catch the end of line so I don't have to wait a long time too! Lesson learned. 

I didn't do preschool with Rowan today because instead we read like 20 books. He brought a huge stack over to me and just really wanted to read every last one. But I figure that's basically preschool in and of itself especially because he was helping me read some of the books and some of them were counting books too. 🤷‍♀️ Then while I was showering he proceeded to take EVERY last book out of one of the book baskets. So that was fun coming downstairs to a huge pile of books all over the floor. 😭 I appreciate the fact that he's willing to let me shower/get ready in peace for the most part, but I usually have some sort of crazy mess to clean up in return for that. Gotta love life with little ones. 

I was remembering a while back that I was pretty sure I gave Rowan his first haircut when he was 11 months old. I was able to look back at pictures today and confirm that - and it was so crazy to see how many teeth he already had and that his hair was so much longer than Nolan's is right now. Nolan is still pretty much a baldy and will have no need for a haircut anytime soon I don't think. He also still has no top teeth, just the two middle bottom teeth. So interesting how all babies really are so different even within a family! It's pretty crazy thinking back to a baby Rowan and barely 3 year old Maeve. These years are fleeting and so much changes as we go. It's exciting to see the change and growth and of course welcome new family members, but also kinda heartbreaking that you can't somehow bottle them up at each age/stage. I'm grateful to have the pictures to look back on, but I miss those days of them being even tinier. 🥺 And the fact that Nolan is 11 months old on Monday and then only one month away from being a year old!! Where did my newborn go!? 😭😭

Anyway, the only other thing to mention is that Maeve and I finished her coat of many colors after school today before dinner rolled around and before long it was bedtime and here we are. 

I also realized I forgot something from my last update. On Sunday I also gave Zoey a haircut and bath and accidentally nipped her ear again. This is the second time I've done it and I feel so bad because it looks like a blood bath when it happens!! It was actually pretty funny because Maeve went outside to tell Adam what I did and she said "Mommy cut Zoey and it's bad" and then followed it up with "Not like in half, just on her ear, but there's a looooot of blood" 😂😂😂 Gotta love the visual of body being sliced perfectly in half! Good times. 

Welllll, that's about it, so time for pictures:


Adam took this pic of the kids with the pumpkins we carved and I didn't know about it until I took some other pics off his phone! 😍

Habitual anniversary photo with our Sparkly 😊🎉

These next 3 pics are from preschool with Rowan. We learned the nursery rhyme Humpty Dumpty and then used raw eggs as Humpty. He thought it was pretty awesome that they splattered and broke! Him and his facial expressions, not to mention how cute he looks in his hat... 😍😍





Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment