Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Monday, November 16, 2020

November 13th - 15th, 2020: Is that Jesus?

I always write these posts in the evening after the kids are in bed. That being said, I normally like to play catch up from the weekend on Sunday evenings, but every other Sunday my family and I do zoom calls now to catch up with each other and it pretty much takes up the rest of the evening. So, that's why sometimes I have to play catch up on Mondays instead. I'm here for it now, so here we go! 

Often, Fridays are great because Adam gets to leave work early. This Friday was especially awesome because A. he only worked a half day and B. he called me on his way home offering to bring me home a hot ham sandwich and the fried potatoes from Bare Bones Butcher as long as I would call in the order. Um, YES please! 🙌🙌 He knows the way to my heart. He was feeling a little bad for me that I don't get treated to lunch all the time like he does at work, so he thought it was the least he could do. Especially considering that day he got lunch out at top golf... which means he also got a little golf in. He's a lucky duck. I wish I got that special treatment on a regular basis, but hey, at least he went out of his way to make my Friday special too. That hot ham sandwich with the fried potatoes never disappoints! SOOO good! 

Soon after I indulged, it was time to get Maeve from school and we thought the kids would enjoy some time at the playground since we had a couple hours of daylight to enjoy still. We proposed the idea and I am most certain Rowan would have immediately gone for it, but he always has to follow in Maeve's footsteps so these were the responses we got: 

M: "We can't go to the playground, we have too much other stuff to do" (like painting nails and reading the 1 book she got from the library at school... both of which could easily be done after dark and would probably take a grand total of 30 minutes 😂) 
R: "We go to playgrounds allllllll the time" (and love it, btw) 

...😂😂... Rowan quickly changed his mind, but Maeve remained stubborn and it only took me pretending to leave with just Rowan to get her on board. That girl sometimes!! She kills me. So off we went to the playground (actually 2 playgrounds - little did we know Rowan has developed a major preference for a particular one) and it was a real party. That is, until Maeve decided she wanted to push Rowan on the swings so badly, when he just wanted to be pushed by Adam, that despite hearing Adam say she needed to move, she stood still as a statue (once again, stubborn) as Rowan swung back towards her and smacked her to the ground. 🤦‍♀️🙈😂 I kinda wish we got it on video because she really kinda went flying and it was hard not to laugh - she landed on her bum so she was fine, but was startled enough to start bawling. Rowan ended up startled as well and worried that he hurt her, so he was bawling too, and it was just a bawling party for a little while. What a spectacle! 😂😂

After having some potstickers (that Rowan will only eat the outside of now because he discovered with his eyes the green cabbage that is inside the meat - nevermind the fact that he was devouring them whole for the last 7 months 🤦🤦), we got a fire going and made some smores, and boy did that fire feel great cause it was pretty chilly! Being at the playground as the sun was setting got me shivering and excited for some hot chocolate, so after the kids went to bed I went Kroger and got some creamer to make some good hot chocolate!! Mmmmm. Let hot chocolate season begin. 🙌 

As for Friday laughs, we got some good ones: 

1. We sing a song everyday during preschool and the song for the unit we're on right now (Clothing) has these words: 
        This is the way we get dressed in the morning, dressed in the morning, dressed in the morning.
        This is the way we get dressed in the morning, so early in the morning. 

        This is the way we put on our hat, put on our hat, put on our hat.
        This is the way we put on our hat, so early in the morning. 

Then basically Rowan throws in whatever other variations he wants like tie our shoes, button our coat, etc. and after singing a few regular verses on Friday he said...  

"This is a funny one! This is the way you put on your book! *busts up laughing* This is the way you put on your butt! *busts up laughing* This is the way you put on your knees! *busts up laughing* This is the way you put on your Zoey! *busts up laughing* This is the way you put on your potstickers! *busts up laughing* This is the way you poop your pants! *busts up laughing*" 

He was on a roll and just went on and on and thought he was soooo hilarious! 😂😂

2. We stopped at CVS on our way home from the playground and it was taking quite a while to get through the line. Eventually, Adam said, "They must be busy out of their minds..." followed by Maeve saying "They're losing their minds...." and then Rowan saying "They lost their marbles! They don't even have marbles!" 😂😂😂 Adam and I got a good a good kick out of their follow up statements!

3. On our way home from CVS, we started talking about what the kids might want from Santa for Christmas. Then this conversation ensued... 

M: Maybe Rowan wants a microphone
R: What's that? 
Me: It's that thing you speak into that makes your voice sound louder. Yours just broke so maybe Santa can bring you a new one. 
R: Why? 
Me: Just cause maybe you like microphones, but it sounds like you don't...

So apparently, that wasn't Maeve's best suggestion for Rowan, but it got us all laughing! 😂😂

4. Two seconds after Rowan started brushing his teeth, he pulled the toothbrush back out and said "Can you get me more [toothpaste]? Because I drinked it all..." 😂😂🤦‍♀️

Saturday I got some productive stuff done that had been on the to do list for a while, so it felt good to finally cross it off. I treated stains in some of the kids clothes, did some laundry, and did a bunch of ironing. Once I get going, I don't mind ironing too much, but there is something about pulling out that ironing board and getting set up that just feels so daunting every time... 😂🙈 It's something I consistently put off and then I end up with wayyy more to iron than I bargained for. 😵 I am now thinking I need to change that! I think if I could make myself do it once a week I could knock it out more easily. I do like that it's mindless and I can listen to something while I do it - I actually had a stake leadership training meeting to listen to on Saturday, so I knocked both out at the same time. 👊 

I also took Zoey to get a bunch of very overdue shots, which needed to be done so I could order some more of her heartworm/flea/tick prevention medication. I ended up finding out that they actually have the same medication that I order for her from Chewy at the petvet clinic where we did her shots and it was a few bucks cheaper. So I'm happy now knowing that is streamlined and I can just do/get everything with/from them. Makes my life easier! 🙌 She was such a champ for the shots and didn't even whine. Meanwhile, Adam had the kids doing a picnic outside waiting for me to finish since he had to meet me there for the sake of time. The clinic is only open certain hours on Saturdays and he ran late with work so it was mad dash getting there just in time. But the kids loved their Burger King picnic and had nothing to complain about killing some time waiting for me. Adam didn't want me to miss out on the fun, so he got me a milkshake too, but I didn't get to it quite soon enough. It was pretty runny once I could drink it, which was a shame. It took longer at the clinic with Zoey than I thought it would... 😒

My laugh of the day on Saturday was Maeve seeing a picture of me back when I was pregnant with Nolan and asking "Why do you look famous?" Being confused, I asked her if she knew what famous meant and she nodded and said "old" - good to know having that big belly makes me look older! 😂 🤔 

On Sunday, we had stake conference and were supposed to be able to watch it from home on zoom, but apparently too many people trying to watch it at the same time messed it all up because Adam could not get it to work. Maeve was bummed, because when she heard we were having a conference she immediately asked if there would be candy (like we do for general conference) and I agreed to it. With it not working, she said "but what about the sour patch kids??" so we put on some old conference talks and had her and Rowan listen for some different words to earn one sour patch kid for each word. Adam and I actually had a wedding we were getting ready to attend, so while they watched we were upstairs for a bit. After I finished getting ready and 10 minutes had passed since they got their bowl of sour patch kids, I was surprised to find the bowl mostly full still and them sitting and actually listening like they were instructed to. Some serious self discipline there! I was quite impressed the bowl wasn't just empty. 👏👏

Our babysitters (one of my ministering sisters and her husband) showed up at noon and off we went to Adam's coworker's wedding. It was held outside on a farm and the reception was inside a barn. That being said, it was still a fancy setup and luckily the sun was out so it didn't feel so cold I wanted to die. I actually forgot a jacket, so that sun definitely saved me. It was a nice Christian ceremony and the reception was also fun - we sat a table with a few nice people and had some fun getting to know each other a little bit. They served chicken and waffles with eggs, bacon, and hashbrown casserole. It was all pretty tasty! For dessert there was a donut bar with mini donuts that were pretty good and the wedding cake was also 👌👌 - I'm usually in it for the food, the let's be honest. 😂 Nah, I really love the whole affair - seeing the bride's dress, hearing the vows and the toasts, and just being reminded of the day Adam and I got married! Weddings are always happy and bring out all the feels, so it was a good time!! The bride's dress was super pretty and it had me wishing I had picked out a long sleeve dress for my wedding. So elegant! 

We enjoyed our break from the kids and they had a good time without us, but were overjoyed to see us return and kept climbing all over me fighting for my lap. 😅 I was definitely feeling the love. 🥰 The rest of the evening was pretty low key, since we were stuffed and having a hard time getting up off the couch. 😂

So that's about it. My Sunday laugh of the day was when the kids saw a picture of the prophet and we had this conversation... 

Rowan: "Is that Jesus?"
Me: "No, it's the prophet. President Nelson!"
Maeve: "Is there a new one? Didn't Daddy just vote for one?" 
Me: "No, that would be the US President" 

😂😂👌 Good times, good times. 

Well, here's some pics!

My mom just sent me this pumpkin. So cute and I love that it has lights in it! 😍

Just the queen on her throne 😂

😍

Marshmallow man in his coat 😂😍

Preschool fun! Trying to stack as many hats on his head as possible 😂

Maeve got in the car on Friday and said "I have a surprise for you!!!" and then pulled this out of her folder when we got home. I can't even with the cuteness! She totally nailed her smile and I love it. 😍😍

9 times out of 10 you will find Nolan crawling around with a ball in one of his hands. It cracks me up that it doesn't faze him to be a little off balance! 😂  

Enjoying our cranberry sprites 😂👌

My hot wedding date 🔥


Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment