Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Tuesday, April 6, 2021

March 29th - 31st, 2021: 32

Well, as of last Monday, I am now 32 years old. I went to bed 31 and woke up 32. Boom. The kids were SO excited for the day, which did make it that much more fun. Until Maeve and Rowan decided to be really annoying and not get along AT ALL. I definitely threw out the phrase "Can we remember that it's my birthday and we want this to be a happy and fun day full of KINDNESS?!" more than once. It was mostly Rowan driving Maeve nuts over and over and eventually he got locked in his room for 30 minutes because that boy needed some time to simmer down and not bother anyone. I ended up texting Adam telling him that from now on my birthday present needs to be him taking the day off so I can escape and actually have a peaceful day. 😅🙄 Luckily, it wasn't all bad though, and after Rowan chilled out in his room things did improve, thank heavens. 

So ya know, birthdays aren't ever completely glorious when you're a mom. I mean, the morning started off with Nolan waking up in jammies that were soaking wet literally almost from the top to the bottom. I have NO idea how he peed through and it spread that far up top and down below. Bizarre! Needless to say, I threw him in the bath with Rowan and Maeve took a shower, so it was nice to get everyone nice and clean first thing in the morning. Of course in the 2 minutes Nolan was loose on the floor naked while the bath was filling up, he peed on the floor. I also found a worm in our kitchen that I had to pick up and I really wish I had someone else to pawn that off on because it felt REALLY gross. I do not like bugs!!!! Happy Birthday to me! 

Before I declared everyone just needed a bath, Rowan gave me a good laugh when he said, "I'm gonna go get dressed. Don't do your birthday yet!" 😂 as if he thought that we were doing the whole big birthday celebration first thing in the morning without Adam there. I think in his mind, that's all a birthday is about, so he just wanted to get the show on the road immediately. 😂🤦 Too funny. 

After everyone was cleaned up, the kids were just way too excited about going to get donuts for breakfast (gotta treat myself to good food ya know), that we went ahead and left to get those before I could work out. I had hoped to work out first, but what can you do when you have hungry excited kids. 😏 On our way there, the kids got talking about the five senses and Maeve was saying how we taste with our tongue and Rowan said, "No, I think it's mouth because we bite with our tongue and it's in our mouth..." 😂🤔 Too good. You gotta love all the incorrect reasoning and statements and that come out of the mouths of little kids. 

The donuts did not disappoint and I love that the kids are pretty adventurous with donuts. Of course they ask for basic ones with sprinkles, but then I get a whole assortment of a bunch of more exciting flavors and they ended up trying everything before all those donuts were gone! Go them. 👊 

Maeve made me laugh when she asked me if Adam had said Happy Birthday to me in the morning before he went to work. I said yes and then she followed that up with, "Did he give you a hug?" I said no, but honestly I was groggy and not even thinking about or wanting a hug and I'm sure he knew that. But then she stuck it to him by saying, "If I was married, I would say Happy Birthday and give them a hug and a kiss"! Way to go, girlfriend. You show him the way to do it. 👏

We did Facetime for a little bit with my parents, which was mostly monopolized by Maeve until she decided to help Rowan make a card for me. At first, he requested that I help him, but uh, once I explained that would be weird, Maeve was all over it. She later said, "I can't wait to see the smile on your face when you look at my card and Rowan's card" 🥰❤️ - such a sweet girl, she totally kills me. She has such a good little heart! 

Some nice birthday wishes trickled in throughout the day and my sweet friend Amanda dropped off some flowers for me, which was such a nice surprise! I did manage to get a workout in while Nolan napped, but poor Maeve was so determined to have fun with me all day that she was not too happy about my wanting to work out. It wasn't until I suggested she do it with me that she cheered up and went for it. Girlfriend was having a hard time understanding that not only should you let the birthday girl/boy decide what they want to during the day, but that you should still let them do it even if it doesn't necessarily involve you. It ended up being pretty cute to have her and Rowan copy me the whole time, lifting their own little weights (2 & 3 lbs for them), and saying from time to time "Oh, this is SO hard!" 😂🤦

Adam got home a little early from work, which was nice and gave him more time to make my cake and allowed us to leave at 5pm to go to dinner. I picked this place called Buster's Place, which Maeve was SO thrilled about considering I have been reading the Polly and Buster series to her. It's hole in the wall Burger joint with a bar and I had no idea what the place would be like before showing up - I had only seen online that it was family friendly and the best place in Murfreesboro to get a burger. It looked a little run down from the outside and I think Adam was wondering what the heck I was thinking picking it 😅, but I said "Hey hey, it might not look that great on the outside, but let's just see what it is like on the inside" and luckily it did look better on the inside. The vibe was good and I got the whipped feta and bacon jam burger that had pickled onions on it. I was so excited for it considering the pickled onions and feta, plus the bacon jam sounded intriguing, and I must say it was 👌👌👌. All the flavors came together very nicely!! I would definitely go back again and again just for that. Adam didn't rave over his burger, but I think he would have been if he had gotten the same one as me. It was legit. A birthday dinner success. 🙌

It was a perfect evening weather wise and the kids saw their favorite neighbor kids outside when we got back so they ran around outside with them for a little bit, while Adam frosted the cake. Then we did cake and ice cream and it was all delish! I chose the oreo chocolate cake mix I had just seen at the store and Adam had the idea of using vanilla frosting, but mixing peanut butter into it to make it peanut butter frosting. Of course, he always knows how to speak my language! It was a smart adjustment for sure. I got a few surprise presents from my sister including some toner for my face, a donut pan, and some cake decorating tools which will be fun to try out! Adam got me a nice handheld vacuum for the car that can charge in the car, so that will be super nice to use so I can keep the car under control more easily. Seems like there's always dry cereal all over the place. 🤦 Of course all the cards I got were great, and I DID get a big smile on my face looking at Maeve and Rowan's. Rowan's signature thing right now is drawing a Christmas tree and monster truck every single time for every single card he makes. I just love it - a birthday card with a Christmas tree on it - doesn't get better than that! 😂👌

I got a good birthday call from my bro Josh in the evening and then Nolan decided he was sad he missed out on the cake and ice cream and needed to celebrate the final moments of my birthday with me in bed from 11:30 to midnight. He woke up and just would not settle back down so he played with me in bed until midnight. Just had to be silly and make me smile until the very end, I think. So all in all, it was a pretty great day!

Yesterday and today were pretty low key. I don't have too much to report, other than the fact that Ivy from the neighborhood came over to play yesterday. She is 6 and also goes to Overall Creek like Maeve and is also in Kindergarten. Her mom wasn't home when we invited her over to play, but luckily I figured out how to get her mom's number so now I won't feel so weird whenever they're around (her brother Roman is usually with her). They've popped into our house a few times and it felt a little unsettling considering their mom doesn't even know who I am and had no idea they were in someone else's house. It's nice to know I can confirm all is well with her if I ever need to. Ivy is a sweet thing and was especially cute with Nolan while she was at our house, and he ate it up. It was cute to watch. 

Today we were thinking we'd go play at Amanda's house, but unfortunately her daughter Zia is sick so we had to do a raincheck. Such a bummer considering we were excited about the fact that playdates would be easy this week while Maeve is on spring break! Too bad. Maeve was pretty bummed. And unfortunately it was rainy today, so we stayed inside and just read books, played guessing games, and had a lazy day. I have a surprise up my sleeve for tomorrow though, so it should be good!

We did also go to Kroger this evening and Adam worked his magic using a bunch of coupons and we ended up saving $30 on a bunch of produce, cereal, and milk. We stocked up real good. I give him props for having the patience to find/use coupons, because I just don't have it in me to jump fully in with coupons. Too much work. Planning out the meals for the week, making the list, and doing the shopping are enough work for me. 😅

Here are my laughs for the day: 

~This morning Maeve was telling me the apple phone was dead, so she needed the charger. Rowan was a little confused though and said, "Is the charger dead?" 😂

~Tonight while snuggling in bed, Maeve was ranking our family members in our little family in order of who she liked the most and who liked the least. The breakdown is: #1: Me, #2: Nolan, #3: Adam, #4: Rowan - I was a bit surprised by this, but her reasoning was that Nolan is very cute right now trying to walk, saying words, smiling, and laughing. He's higher than Adam because Adam likes to crack her neck (😂😂) and Rowan was at the bottom because even though she plays with him a lot, he likes to hit her sometimes. I was at the top because I help her so much and I spend the most time with her. Can't argue with that. Luckily I know she has a lot of love in her heart for each one of us, so ya know, she's not playing favorites too hardcore. I'm definitely not a fan of the favorite game and I always tell her it's best to just love everyone a lot! 

That's all she wrote for tonight, so here are some pics: 

Right after I went upstairs after finishing my last post, I literally walked into our bathroom as Adam was almost finished cleaning it! HBD to me! So I got my pic of his mirror frame job. Such a different feel now! Loving it! 




My pretty girl! 😍

She's really starting to love this little boy and is a sweet big sister to him 😍

😍

He makes a handsome princess 😂😜

😍😍

Let the silly photoshoot begin. A present to myself! 👌😂👇 Turns out a lot of my funny faces are ugly 😅🤷














His new thing is putting the seat up, then sitting down, and getting stuck 😂🤦🤔


😍🥰


😂😍

Turning into 3 peas in a pod 😍

I was so impressed with how neatly he wrote his name! 

Maeve made this bunny at school and those eyes may or may not be haunting me in my sleep 😂👀

Maeve's card... 👆👇

I love her 😍

Love her cute little drawing of me and her!


And a couple videos from my birthday too... 

Everyone singing HBD to me - just watch Maeve the whole time 😉😂: 

https://youtube.com/shorts/NKT_G4W6UWY?feature=share

Maeve was being so cute playing with Nolan and he was cracking up so I had to record:

https://youtube.com/shorts/0RbJenHOqaQ?feature=share

Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment