Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

April 9th - 11th, 2021: When allergies get angry...

Alright, so I was supposed to write on Monday, but I didn't, soooo here I am now to write about the weekend even though it's Wednesday. It's fine. I'm fine. Everything's fine. 😜😂

Friday, April 9th: 

I have "snacking means pooping" written in my notes for Friday and I don't even remember the context for that anymore. 😂🤔 I want to say maybe one of the kids said that when I caught them eating yet another snack and was not too thrilled about it. So, naturally, they tried to back track by saying "snacking means pooping" -- real convincing. 😂🤦‍♀️

I think I shared some pictures of the boys at the playground in my last post and I realize now, those were from Friday so I should have put them on this post. 🤦‍♀️ But anyway, that's actually the day we hit up the playground cause the weather was so fantastic. It was a fun time!

Adam's allergies have been TERRIBLE lately, starting on Easter. I had to run to the store to get him some eye drops with antihistamine in them and apparently the kind I got wasn't as good as the kind he has used in the past, because he was struggling pretty bad still on Friday night. So I went to the store again to the get the better kind and pick up some mango pepsi, cause hello, gotta try that when you see it. It's pretty good, in case you wanted to know. Maeve also played at Bella's house on Friday night after dinner for a bit, and when I went to pick her up I chatted for a little bit with her parents, Leslie and John. John saw her helmet she wore when she rode her scooter over and asked if she wears that for tornado drills. I laughed at first, but then I stopped and thought about how good of an idea that is! Apparently their girls pull out their helmets when they're hunkered down for tornado warnings, and not gonna lie, that's super smart to protect your head just in case. I'll totally have to have the kids do that in the future. A+ tip to put in my pocket. 

Saturday, April 10th: 

Maeve's dance studio decided to offer a free class for fun for all dancers that got A's and B's on their report cards. As a Kindergartener, A's are more like M's (Meets expectations) and Maeve did get all M's so she got to try out a tumbling class in addition to her musical theater class that day. She seemed to have fun, but said at the end that some of the stuff was hard and she didn't get a treat at the end like she normally gets after her other class. 😂🤦‍♀️ Now I'm wondering if she really likes her musical theater class or if she just likes the treat at the end....  🤔 Say the word "treat" and a kid will be interested, right?! I mean, as an adult, I've been known to do things for food before too. 😂🙈 Anywho, poor Adam's eyes looked puffy and crazy on Saturday following his major allergy flare up Friday night and I felt so bad. I have never seen him struggle so much with it before! Poor dude. And on top of the crazy eyes, he also had a headache and felt kinda dizzy so he rested in bed for a bit in the afternoon. He claimed he was still up for it, so at 5pm we still went over to the Pylant's house for the evening to eat dinner and play games. Poor Amanda made a veggie curry that she loves and accidentally dumped a little (or maybe a lot) too much cumin into it and when she taste tested it, it was so bad she said we couldn't eat it. Poor girl was so frustrated about ruining it, but obviously we assured her it was totally fine and we ended up just ordering some pizza. At least we're good friends and they have no reason to be embarrassed with us! It would have been a different story if it was the first time having someone over. 😂😳 We also played the game What Do You Meme, which is kinda like Apples to Apples, but with pictures and memes to go with them. I may have been laughing so hard a few times that I couldn't get my words out. 😂😂😂 Some of the memes were just too good!! It was a really fun night and I needed the laughs with friends. 🙌

Sunday, April 11th: 

Adam didn't want to show up to church looking like a trainwreck (his poor eyes were that bad), so we decided to stay home and just watch sacrament meeting on Zoom. The primary music leader posts singing time videos once a month on our ward primary Facebook page for the kids to learn a new song each month and Maeve has been loving that. She posted a new one that day and Maeve got to learn it and make a heart with some word prompts on it to help her remember all the lyrics. She sang it on repeat for the rest of the day! While we were at it, we also revisited the other songs from the last few months. It's crazy to me that Rowan would be a Sunbeam if primary was happening in person, so I did try and get him in on this singing too, but he wasn't really too into it. I think it's going to take him actually going to Primary for the first time for him to realize it's for him too. 🤷‍♀️ The weather was super nice on Sunday, so with Adam's eyes settled enough in the afternoon, we decided to go on a bike ride. I tested Nolan out in the carrier before making the decision to go and though he is much heavier now, I was able to do it, and luckily he was happy as long as the bike was moving. Anytime we stopped, he was not too thrilled about being confined in that carrier though. 😂 Luckily on our actual bike ride, we just rode to the school playground the kids love and let him loose right when we got there and he lasted fine again while we cruised home. It was nice to enjoy our first bike ride of the season and I think Adam really loved getting to see Nolan in action at the playground loving the slides now. It was a party! Sadly, that night I had to run back out the store again to get Flonase for Adam because those other new eye drops started to not cut it either and he was super itchy and watery again. So miserable!! The Flonase helped a lot though pretty quickly, so that's a blessing. 🙏

A couple funny/heartwarming things said by the children that day: 

~Rowan is not one to usually say "I love you too" whenever we tell him that we love him. It's pretty rare for him to do it, even when I remind him often that that is something you should say back if you love the person too. Given that, you can probably imagine how rare it is for him to say "I love you" to anyone in the first place, too. So it was pretty heartwarming and kinda the sweetest thing EVER, when he randomly said to me while cuddling, "I love you very much. All the day!" 🥰😍 Ooooh my. So cute. 

~Apparently Maeve told Adam that she wished we could have gotten snow cones when we went on our bike ride and Adam reminded her that it was Sunday and we don't buy stuff on Sundays anyway. She responded, "That's not buying stuff, it's stealing". 😂🤔 Apparently, she thinks we've been stealing snow cones this whole time whenever we go the snow cone stand in the summertime.... I'm guessing the confusion is in the fact that she associates buying things with being inside stores, so maybe the snow cone shack throws her off. Too funny!

That's all she wrote, peeps. Time for some pics!

He was killing me sitting in this little playroom chair at the little table. Trying to be a big kid! 😍😭

Little besties staring out the window together! 😍

Love that Aurum had to pose and smile once he saw I was snapping pics. 😂😍

Cute girl with her heart! The song she learned was Jesus Said Love Everyone

😍😍😍 This picture kills me with Rowan's hands on her head! Too much. 

Maeve found these from back when she drove me nuts asking me to basically plan out the whole next day the night before every single night ie. "What are we gonna do after that? And after that? And after that?" said until I went mad. 😂 So I tried this planner out briefly and then things must have mellowed out. Well, she took it upon herself to plan out her week herself once she saw these and it cracks me up that every single day says basically the same thing. So stinking cute! 😍

Reading party with Daddy 😍


Peace and blessings. ✌️


No comments:

Post a Comment