Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Monday, April 26, 2021

April 12th - 18th, 2021: Are you ready to broke your butt?

Another week in the books at the McKarns house. It wasn't the most exciting week, but a little busier than usual and some funny moments mixed in. So here we go.

Monday, April 12th: 

It was warm enough on Monday for outside water play. CRAZY! Which we did exactly that, because it was Zia Pylant's 8th birthday, so we played at their house in the afternoon after school got out to have fun with her on her special day. The kids had a blast with the sprinklers and a slip n slide and enjoyed every minute of getting wet. They even all dipped in the baby pool set up for the babies because apparently you're never too old for that. πŸ˜‚πŸ€·‍♀️ The boys were in and out of it and it took Nolan a hot minute to decide if he even liked being in it, the silly boy. Speaking of him, I spent about an HOUR digging around in the attic and the kids room for the bathing suit and rash guard that Nolan wore last summer when it was still a bit big on him knowing it would work great this summer too and I COULD NOT FIND IT! Seriously, stuff like that cannot be explained. I searched high and low and I know I did not throw it away. I am so dumbfounded and it is pretty annoying, so he had to rock the only other 12 M bathing suit I have, but without a rash guard. πŸ™„πŸ€¦‍♀️ I'm going to be forced to just buy another one I'm sure, and it's gonna show up when we move out of this house and I don't need it anymore..... super helpful. I even said a prayer hoping to have that lightbulb moment, but it didn't come. πŸ˜©πŸ˜” What can you do! Anyway, my laugh of the day was when Maeve made Zia a birthday card while in the car on the way to their house and Rowan said, "Draw me in the picture too, but put me in a dress so she likes it" πŸ˜‚πŸ™ˆ Crazy boy! 

Tuesday, April 13th: 

A super low key day. I really have about nothing to say other than the fact that we: 

~Did preschool
~Went to the grocery store for a few odds and ends|
~I bought some headbands and a hat on Amazon
~I went to Young Women's. The girls just split up into groups and played some board games, so very low key, but fun for them.

Just a typical Tuesday!

Wednesday, April 14th: 

Another typical weekday, but with a few funny moments mixed in, such as....

~During preschool, we were talking about things that smell bad and Rowan's ideas all sounded like variations of "A dirty floor with poop on it! A dirty chair with poop on it!" etc. etc. πŸ˜‚πŸ€¦‍♀️ He'll never miss an opportunity to talk about poop and then say it as many times as he can... 😏

~Rowan's new thing is to help me fold laundry. He gets very excited to do the final fold of each piece, cause ya know, baby steps. He is particular and likes to know he's doing it right, so folding the whole thing is too much for him. While helping though, he said, "I'm gonna put mine and Nolan's clothes in the same pile because I love him. But Maeve's will go on the floor by themselves because I don't love her when she steals the ball from me when I'm doing baseball. So bad girl! Goes on the floor!" πŸ˜‚πŸ€¦‍♀️ Then he proceeded to say "bad girl!" every time he would set one of her folded clothing articles in her pile. Talk about a major shift! Not only is Nolan feeling the love, but he's feeling it even more than Maeve. Wowzers. Guess that's what happens when you get in the way of a boy and his baseball. 🀷‍♀️

~Rowan decided to change into one of my old shirts that he has been using as a jammie shirt from time to time for probably the last 2 years. I noticed that it goes down to his knees now and it used to go down to almost his ankles when he first started wearing it!! I pointed it out to him and got all sad about it cause that's what moms do when they recognize their kids are growing like weeds and there's nothing they can do about it, am I right!?! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­Maeve asked why that kind of a thing would make me sad and I said, "Because! You just all used to be so much tinier and look at tiny Nolan! You're just so especially cute when you're so tiny!" Her response: "...Yeah, but do you really want a baby that just stays little and is pooping in diapers forever???" πŸ˜‚The answer to her question is yes, yes I do - as crazy as it might sound to her and probably many others - I'll deal with diaper changes for the rest of my life if it means I can have a forever baby. Sign me up! πŸ™‹‍♀️

We did also get Papa Murphy's for dinner because I was just really wanting some good food and sometimes you just cave to that when the husband is willing to entertain the idea. πŸ˜‰ Word to the wise though, their cheesy bread is not the best. Literally just bread and cheese and no good seasonings like all other pizza places put on theirs. Marcos is probably my fav!

Thursday, April 15th: 

Adam worked from home and the weather was GLORIOUS, so he actually stopped working a bit early and we went on a family walk. What should have been a pleasant walk though did NOT turn out that way because Rowan decided he wanted to ride his police car instead of his bike or scooter. What he didn't think about is that he can't go very fast on that and it didn't take long very he was LOSING it over the fact that Maeve was going way faster than him, no matter how hard he tried to go fast. She'd pause and wait for him, but within seconds of going again she'd be too far ahead again and cue the tears. I felt nice enough to offer to go back with him and get his bike or scooter, but he didn't go for that and instead just chose to be a huge butthead. I really did not want to miss out on the nice weather and take him back home, so I told him he wasn't going to ruin it for me and he'd have to just sit in the bottom of the stroller. I also told him that if he chose to whine for much longer that he'd have to spend some time in his room by myself when we got home. Take a big fat guess on the outcome of that one.... πŸ™„πŸ™„ Children sometimes!! 

In other news, I got a People magazine in the mail for signing up for Fabletics and in checking it out I saw an article about Amanda Seyfried having kids and decided to google how old she was. I sort of fell down the rabbit hole and ended up finding out that when Mean Girls was filmed, Rachel McAdams was 26!! She was 7 and 8 years older than Lindsay Lohan and Amanda Seyfried respectively during filming. SO crazy!! I would have never guessed. Also so crazy to think Rachel McAdams was that old and cast as a high school student... 🀯. I also found out that Shailene Woodley is engaged to Aaron Rodgers, who is Jordan Rodgers' brother - the guy engaged to JoJo Fletcher from the Bachelor. Kinda wacko that Shailene will be JoJo's sister in law 🀯, if she ever actually marries Jordan that is! So there's a little Pop Culture for ya. I am normally soooo out of the loop on all of that. 

I got my headbands in the mail, which I guess I have to admit why I had to buy them.......  πŸ™ˆπŸ˜³. You might remember how Adam helped me out by buzzing my widow's peak because it was driving me SO nuts. Well, I had been taking matters into my own hands since then to keep it maintained and turns out it is easy to take a couple extra hairs each time you do it, which in the long run can turn into a disastrous mistake....... πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ. SO embarrassing. I may or may not have a chunk of hair that needs to grow back now. SOOO, my solution is covering that up with headbands for what is probably going to feel like the rest of my life. And I guess never dunk my head under the water when I go to the pool this summer 🀷‍♀️... UGH. Kind of a horrible mistake to make. I probably should have just embraced my widow's peak because here we are in a way worse spot. Totally a first world problem, I know. 

Before Rowan went to bed, he asked Adam, "What are we going do tomorrow?" Adam responded with school and preschool and then he chimed in, "And drink water!" πŸ˜‚πŸ€” Too funny. Maybe he's onto something with that one - if I actually took note that I would drink water the next day, maybe I'd actually drink enough water during the day. πŸ˜‚πŸ€·‍♀️ One final thing worth noting is that Maeve surprised me with the cutest note on my bedside table that I saw when I went to bed. I'll have to share it in the pics. Such a sweet girl. ❤️

Friday, April 16th: 

In the morning, Rowan and I made pancakes together for breakfast. I always prefer to use our metal whisk, but we have a colorful plastic whisk too and after I pulled out the metal one, Rowan said (referring to the colorful one), "Next time I want to use the beautiful one! But after we use it, we need to wash it to make it pretty again." πŸ˜‚πŸ˜Š Cute boy. He also had me laughing when he saw that the batter got bubbly when I put the water in and he said, "You need the water because it makes bubbles and pancakes need bubbles!" Whatever you say, little dude. πŸ˜‚ While I cooked all the pancakes, Rowan and Nolan played "the baby game" - which basically means that Nolan is himself and Rowan pretends to be a baby and plays with him. Now that he appreciates Nolan more, it's a new favorite game around here. πŸ˜‚πŸ₯° It's pretty cute. 

The rest of the day was pretty lowkey until the evening when I went out to pick up stuff to make homemade frozen custard and on my way home started to feel sick to my stomach pretty suddenly. I wasn't so sure I'd be able to even eat any of it, which was a bummer, but it ended up kinda working out because Adam made a mistake and kind of ruined it so we weren't able to eat it that night anyway. I spent the rest of the night in bed, thinking I might throw up, though it didn't end up happening. I sure felt like it for a while though. 🀒

Saturday, April 17th: 

Luckily I felt fine in the morning, so Maeve and I went off to her dance class and then after that I went back out by myself to return a hat I'd gotten from Amazon that I didn't end up liking. I also thought I was going to return some of the headbands as well, but turns out I got a refund for them, but didn't have to return them. Crazy! They were cute so it was a win - I just didn't want to spend that much money on headbands, so I ordered a few different sets with the intent to return one of them. Lucky me, I get to keep them all, but only pay for 2 sets! Cha-ching! πŸ™Œ I ended up going to Once Upon a Child and Old Navy afterwards to look for clothes and such for the kids and myself with this warmer weather that is about to be here to stay. I found some good stuff so that was fun! 

That night we had planned to go to a Truck and Tractor pull with the Pylants and some other friends to really immerse ourselves in the south, but the kids behavior went so far south before leaving that we felt like they didn't deserve to go. Kind of a punishment for us too, but it's probably for the best we didn't go and stay out late. I think they needed the good sleep they got that night. Since we planned on getting a bite to eat before going and I had no dinner plans otherwise, we still went out to pick up food and let me tell you, it was quite the fiasco deciding what to get. Close to nothing sounded good to me and Maeve was dead set on getting a burger, but Adam wanted something healthier. Eventually we realized there wasn't any 1 place that was going to appeal to all of us, so we got McDonald's for the kids and Chinese food for us. I ordered the Coconut Chicken, which I had never tried before, and it was actually really good! πŸ‘Œ I liked the sauce a lot. A nice change from our usual orders. 

Sunday, April 18th: 

Normally Sundays are relaxing and spent mostly at home, but for me this was not the case this particular day! In addition to going to church, I also went to see the last performance of a high school play that one of our Young Women performed in as one of the lead characters. They put on Clue and she was Mrs. Peacock. She did a great job and it was fun to watch her shine in another light because she is normally so shy and reserved! I went with Jessica, the YW President, and we were both proud of her and her bravery!! I had about an hour to kill after getting home from that before going back out to the church for a Youth Presidency Training meeting. I had to talk to all the new secretaries in Young Women and Young Men about their new role as a secretary and what all that will entail, etc. Not the most exciting, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes. 

K and then that night the WEIRDEST thing happened!! Adam and I had briefly talked earlier that day about maybe getting a nicer vacuum that is better for carpet/rugs. We certainly made no decision, but then that night I got a confirmation email from Walmart.com that a REALLY expensive vacuum had been ordered on my account. For a second I thought maybe Adam went in and ordered one to surprise me or something, but when I saw that it was $700 I knew that couldn't be true. 😳 Luckily I also saw an email that came in right after that that said it was flagged as suspicious and the order was canceled and I wouldn't be charged. SO weird!?!? It's like someone KNEW we talked about it that day.... like what are the odds!? But also, WHO got on my account and tried to order that is what else I wanna know!! I changed my password to the account and maybe I should also delete that saved credit card too. So annoying and unsettling when stuff like that happens!

Well, that's a wrap for the week! Now for the photo dump of the week. πŸ‘‡

This kid kills me with his obsession with changing batteries when things die. He literally will get out the screwdriver and batteries and basically do it all on his own now... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

Nolan saw the car cart and very quickly let me know he wanted to ride in it instead of sitting in the front of the cart. And so it begins! 😍

I know it's not a good pic, but it was too cute walking in on them playing this sleep game in their room. They take their pretend play seriously with props and everything! πŸ‘πŸ₯°

Maeve's cute note she left for me to see when I went to bed 😍πŸ₯° - gotta love how she added that Rowan and Nolan love her. She's definitely got confidence! πŸ˜‚

He miiiiiight have an obsession with headbands.... πŸ˜‚πŸ€¦‍♀️ There are few rules when it comes to going through the school pick up line. 

Love these cute babies of mine. I asked Maeve if she wanted to take a pic to show our hair bows and she was of course ready, but Rowan had to jump in too. 😊😍

Probably the best kid spelling you'll ever see for strawberries... πŸ˜‚πŸ‘Œ

Also this video is too good of Rowan saying "Brrrr!" because he thought it was cold outside πŸ˜‚πŸ‘Œ:

https://youtube.com/shorts/ikpybXb_RI4?feature=share

Peace and blessings. ✌️


No comments:

Post a Comment