Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Monday, March 19, 2018

8 months of chunky little dude

I'm already falling behind a little on posting. I blame it on the trip I just went on, which is also something I want to post about. 😥 If my kids would stop being so cute and funny, I would have less to post about. Rough life I've got. 😂

Anyway, now that Rowan is already 9 months old as of yesterday it's time for his 8 month post! My timing is impeccable. At least I took the pictures when I was supposed to. He was killing it in this photoshoot! Such a busy boy these days and the pictures sure show it. Feast your eyes on this chunky baby:













Seriously how is he so chunky? That last pic though. 😂 I'm also laughing that I happened to get that spit up in motion. Yes he's still spitting up! Just a couple weeks ago he made me change my pants 3 times before leaving the house. It's as if he was saying "nope, those ones aren't good enough, try again!" - thanks for keeping me fashionable, little boy. 😉 Other tidbits at 8 months:

1. He's moving around a lot, just not crawling yet. Whether it's rolling or scooting, he's getting where he wants to go! He is really good at getting into sitting position from laying down now. Just like with Maeve it, it totally threw me off that first time I went in to get him after a nap and found him sitting up! Here's the picture I snapped:

 
I'm not sure if he's more mad about his pink sheets or that I wasn't picking him up 😂 - seriously though, the spit up and peeing through his diapers. It never ends.

2. His favorite place to hang out is under our coffee table in our living room. Except for when he gets himself intertwined too much and feels stuck, then he's not too happy ha! The little leg wrap around in these pics below kills me. 



3. His newest trick is making a smacking sound with his lips and it's too cute. Here's a brief clip of it! 


4. He is a belly sleeper through and through. This makes me kinda sad in that I never find him sleeping in any other cute positions - it's always the same. Once Maeve started rolling around I always found her in the cutest new sleeping positions and I loved it. But this kid just loves his belly too much. Luckily he does stick his bum in the air sometimes to somewhat shake it up! 

5. Speaking of sleep, he tricked me for about a week at 6.5 months when I sleep trained him into thinking he knew how to sleep through the night. After a week of doing well he reverted back to waking up crying for hours. The boy is stubborn and I'd give him 1-2 hours before breaking down and giving him the binky. The hope was that surely soon enough he'd stop crying sooner than the 1-2 hour mark so that he wouldn't need the binky anymore. But man, it just never happened. Night after night he would still cry and cry. Soooo as hard as it was to ditch my mentality of 100% binky free by 6 months like with Maeve, I decided (painstakingly, for real) to just let him have the binky for sleep still. I hate it because I feel like he won the binky back, but I figure if he just can't self soothe yet maybe a couple more months will do the trick and at least I'm not feeding him in the middle of the night. Baby steps with this boy. Maeve spoiled me with her ability to quickly adapt to anything and everything (and still does!) but I'm learning every child is different and I have to accept that. 

Those are the main noteworthy things I can think of to comment on. He might be harder than his sis in some ways and a little more high maintenance at times, but still has a sweetness about him that we love and his smile and laugh make anything better, so we'll keep him! Here's to 8 months with this little dude shaking up the mix!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment