Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Monday, March 26, 2018

30, Flirty, and Thriving

Adam turned the big 3-0 on January 30th, so not only was it big due to his 20s coming to an end, but it was also his Golden birthday! I knew I wanted to something out of the ordinary to celebrate, so I thought of going to do an escape room with our group of friends we've made since moving to Nashville. Which, to go off on a tangent for a sec, I must say we are so grateful for these friends. Not only are they couple friends that we can hang out with on the weekends and eat good food with or do game nights, but the girls are the best because we've gotten together lots on weekdays for play dates, trips to the zoo, and to even to do DIY home decor projects. Danica and Chad, in particular, have a daughter and son almost the same exact ages of Maeve and Rowan so they are all best buds now, especially the girls. I've dropped the kids off at Danica's house a couple times for appts and Danica brought hers to me for an interview once and it's so nice that it just means more fun for everyone! We really lucked out with this ward here and it's just what we needed while we have these little ones. Anywho, tangent over. I talked with the girls and everyone was game and we planned to get babysitters and go on the weekend right before Adam's birthday to get Indian food and then do an escape room. The day of Danica texted me saying that her little boy Jackson had thrown up a couple times. Come to find out he had the stomach flu and they couldn't come anymore. So we rescheduled for the following Friday. Everyone started dropping like flies and when next Wednesday rolled around I kid you not, the other three couples we planned to go with ALL had the stomach flu going through their houses. If you know, I hate throwing up, so I said how about we give it a couple weeks and get everyone SUPER healthy again before we do this thing. So almost a month later (we did remain untouched from that bug, many praises for that), we FINALLY enjoyed the night out together. Ironically after having to reschedule twice, the night of there was some confusion with my babysitter and Danica and I ended up being 45 minutes late to dinner and in those 45 minutes Rowan threw up on my pants twice and it wasn't until the 3rd pair of pants that I was in the clear. Luckily it wasn't the stomach flu for him, and we still made it out alive to join the fun. Dinner was delicious, company was great, and I must say the escape room was fun but boy was I confused and at a loss of what to do about 80% of the time haha. Luckily there were some other brains in the room so we successfully escaped! Adam had the time of his life and that's what matters most.

I wish the lighting was better, but here's the group at dinner! Left to right: Andrea and Tyler, Haleigh and James, and Chad and Danica after me and Adam

Rachel and Sam couldn't join us for dinner, but did the escape room with us (the others had to bail to go back to babies and homework) 

The guy at the place took a boomerang for us and I totally love it! Adam and Sam definitely win 😂 

                    


No comments:

Post a Comment