Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Music to my ears

I've recently gotten two videos, one of each kiddo, that I am in love with. There is no sweeter sound than Maeve's cute little voice reciting a book or Rowan's amazing little baby laugh. That laugh is for real!! 😂 Maybe the sounds will be just as sweet for you as for me, but I doubt it. 😜



I also just have to share some random tidbits on Maeve because she's doing so many funny things right now that I don't want to forget. Such as:

1. Anytime we go anywhere she always pretends to be asleep when we get home. I think this started because one time she was looking down when I went to get her out and it looked like she was asleep. I asked her if she was and her eyes shot up and she smiled so big that she'd fooled me. So now she "fools me" every time! It cracks me up because it's a very serious sleep face. 😂

Exhibit A

Exhibit B - ironically they are both faking it here 😂
2. She is constantly wondering what I'm saying and asking me to repeat myself. "Mommy, what are you saying?" "Say it again Mommy." "What mommy?" are pretty much said on repeat. If I even look at her or something else with a funny face, she is ready to say "What? What is it Mommy? Why are you looking at that/me?" Girlfriend doesn't miss a thing.

3. She thinks it the funniest thing ever to call me by my real name. Obviously she's heard Adam say "Hey Meg!" so now she calls out to me like that sometimes... 😑😆. She also likes to refer to Adam and I as "guys" and will say "what are we doing guys??" 😂

4. She loves to repeat anything we say and the most recent funny ones are:
👉 (While driving) Adam: "that's a sketchy looking house"
Maeve: "that's sketchy" 😂🤷‍♀️
👉 Adam: "I'm grumpy"
Me: "Me too"
Maeve (with a smile on her face): "I'm grumpy too" 😆😆
**So word to the wise, be careful what you say around my child! 😂

6. She has strong negotiating skills and if I say no to something, she always follows it up with "just a little bit" and holds up her fingers to show me - referring to a treat or watching a show. Little stinker knows how to get me!

7. Rowan's winter coat is quite puffy and one day I called him my little marshmallow. Now I always hear her from the back seat saying "you're just a little marshmallow! My little marshmallow!" 😂😂😍

The marshmallow himself 😍
8. Yesterday in the car Rowan was coughing and struggling for a minute and then got quiet. The following convo occurred:
Me: Does Rowan look okay Maeve? 
Maeve: Yeah
Adam: Is he breathing? 
Maeve: No 
**Luckily she was wrong 😆😆 

9. This conversation actually just happened:
Maeve (pointing to Daddy's chest): "you have boobies. I love this boobies!" 
Adam: "oh yeah? Do you have boobies?"
Maeve: "yes and Mommy has boobies! Mommy's boobies are big and Daddy's boobies are big. Mine are small and I have no milk in my boobies!" 😂😂 🙈 

She really is something else! 

No comments:

Post a Comment