Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How to be Hip 101

Meet my dad.
SO hip, right? The mismatched gloves and goggles are quite the number.

As hip as he might look already, lately I've decided it would be fun to teach him some more hip words. This all came about one day when he called me and we had this exchange:

Me: "What up"
Dad: "Uhh what up jiggity home dawg"

Yeah. Jiggity. That's when I knew he needed some help. He tries very hard to go along with me, but usually he makes up words that really just don't work. For instance: bolicious which according to him is a "word that is happenitomy, ya dig?"

....

He also throws out groovy a lot. He'll ask me if I'm groovin and I tell him that the 70s are over and sadly they are not coming back.

So far I have taught him the concept of shortening words - like saying tots instead of totally and he has started using that pretty regularly and it just makes me laugh. The best part though is he said it wrong at first - he was talking to my mom on the phone while I was with her and he wanted her to tell me to be "tots chill" or something and I hear my mom say "tell her to be tots what??" (but pronounced it like tater TOTS). It took pretty much everything in me to not bust up laughing.

Any suggestions of other hip things I should continue to teach him are welcome.

Love you dad! Thanks for making me laugh so much all the time over this new game.

1 comment:

  1. Love your dad, love your blog, LOVE YOU!!! Anxiously awaiting a visit from all of you ;)

    ReplyDelete