Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Tuesday, June 22, 2021

May 17th - 23rd, 2021: Haircuts, tantrums, and crushes

Well, I guess right now it's just slow and steady wins the race. Last week was a both a busy week and a fun week and I had no time to blog at all. With summer break in full swing, the kids have been staying up way too late. It seems like they end up wired and incapable of settling down just because we let them stay up a little bit later than we did during the school year. So now we're rethinking letting that happen, cause let's be honest, it isn't fun when your kids are still not asleep and coming out of their room multiple times until 10pm... 🤦‍♀️ ANYWAY, here we go on another weekly update, rewinding to 5 weeks ago:

Monday, May 17th:

The whole month of May was so fun for Maeve at school, with lots of different fun activities and dress up days every day of the week. On this day, Maeve had show and tell day at school and after her coming up with a number of ideas of items to bring that seemed a little too lame to me, we settled on her bringing a little stuffed ballerina bear that used to be mine when I was a kid. She LOVES the pink tutu and thought it would be special to share that it used to be her Mommy's and now it's hers. She was about to just bring an LOL doll, so I'm glad she ended up liking that idea that I came up with. 😅 The best part about this is that after school she told me that when she showed it, her teacher asked if her bear had a name and on the spot, she came up with the name Pinky Pie!! 😂😂 Oh man! Totally cracked me up. What a name. 👌

Other highlights of the day include: 

~Rowan dumping water down the WHOLE front of Nolan's shirt. The shocked look on his face when that cold water hit him was priceless. You could tell it took his breath away, poor boy! 😂

~This is more of a lowlight, but I had an endodontist appt that morning for what I thought was going to be an appt to get my root canal done, but it turns out I sat and waited for AN HOUR for the doctor to come in and tell me that she was just evaluating the tooth and making sure the root canal was going to work. 🙄🤦‍♀️ I always get a little bit nervous before these kinds of appointments, so it was super annoying that I sat there with my nerves getting the best of me for an hour to find out I had no reason to even be nervous that day... 😑 Geez louise. The whole time I was waiting I was watching the reboot of Gilmore Girls with no sound - kind of comical that they offered me a remote to watch whatever I wanted on the TV while I waited, but there was no sound and turning up the volume did nothing. There were subtitles, but who likes reading subtitles?! Laaame. ANYWAY, the small silver lining was that she did say the tooth wasn't cracked and so I'd be able to do the root canal. So that was at least good news to hear, I just wish I could have gotten it done that day, especially since I sat there for an hour. But what can you do! 🤷‍♀️

~Nolan did something naughty that day and Rowan said, "He's a stinky maker! ...No! A trouble maker!" 😂 Such a funny mess up, but cute that he was able to correct himself. 

~We went on a family walk and saw Bella out, so she came over to play at our house until it was dinner time 

Tuesday, May 18th:

Man oh man, did Maeve have a terrible morning getting ready for school. There was SO much know it all brattiness and I literally almost lost my mind. Not so sure I'm gonna survive the 6 year old sass. Figuring out how to navigate motherhood sometimes feels like a full time job, I swear. 

I also planned out meals for the week and made a grocery list that morning and may or may not have spent an hour looking up ONE new recipe to make for the week that sounded good. Usually I fall upon something new that sounds good pretty quickly, but it seemed like every recipe I looked at either required some odd ingredient, was too complicated, or just didn't sound good. So annoying when that happens and it kinda feels like you're wasting too much time and the clock is ticking and you've gotten nowhere. Not to mention, doesn't help when you realize after you're done and come back to real life that your boys have been eating and throwing pretzels all over the stairs. 🙄😏 Yaaay. 

And for a couple funny moments of the day: 

~This one is an ongoing funny moment because it's happened so many times lately. Rowan's new thing every time we go to the grocery store is to say very excitedly as we're getting out of the car to walk in the store, "I have a surprise for you!!" and the every single time the "surprise" is to show me that there are car carts to ride in. 😂 It is too funny and too cute. 

~This is actually another ongoing funny moment because it's been happening a lot lately too, but it's about Nolan. He is so obsessed with shoes that e is always asking me to put one shoe on him, and only one, that belongs to another family member. It cracks me up to watch him walking around with one shoe on and one shoe off, whether it's Maeve's Nike shoe, or one of Adam's huge shoes. 😂😍 Cute, silly boy!

Wednesday, May 19th: 

Well I wrote down that we went to Target and if you asked me now what that was for, I have no idea. All I know is that we went. 🤷‍♀️ We also finally took Rowan to get a haircut to fix the haircut job that my sister gave him that went south because he wouldn't stay still. Took us long enough! 😅 He did great and was one handsome little boy afterwards. 

Once the kids were in bed, I disciplined myself to clean our nasty rug in the living room. After I finished, I decided it was a waste of time and I should have skipped the cleaning and looked for a new rug instead. It is just ridiculous that that rug looks dingy again 2 weeks after we clean it! It has been a lesson learned for me to not get a microfiber rug that is higher pile. It's just gotten matted and kind of impossible to really clean well so that it will stay clean. So this time around I need to get a low pile rug made of a better, more durable material aaand probably one that has as little white/cream in it as possible. Hopefully that will help us not end up in the same annoying situation again!! 🤞

And for the funny moment of the day: Rowan got some stickers out and decided to draw directly on the stickers and kinda mess them up, so I asked him why he would do that and he said, "Cause it's appropriate!" 😂🤔 I don't know if he meant inappropriate or if he really thought it was appropriate, but it was pretty funny. 

Thursday, May 20th: 

Oh my dear gracious. A couple days prior we got new internet installed and of course it didn't take long for Nolan to rip some of the wires out of the wall. 🤦‍♀️ SO after school, an AT&T guy came over to fix it and Maeve and Rowan just HAD to cause the embarrassment of a lifetime. Wanna know what caused them to spiral and go COMPLETELY insane over in front of this dude? The color of a freaking bowl for their cheerios. They both wanted purple and we did not have two stupid purple bowls. I was hoping the fact that a stranger was in our house would cause at least Maeve to handle it a bit better and be flexible enough to pick a different bowl, but nope, the whining wouldn't stop so I told them if they were gonna act like that neither of them would get cheerios. Which unfortunately caused Rowan to REALLY lose his freaking mind and I had to get him upstairs quick before he caused a TOTAL scene - meanwhile he's screaming bloody murder, flailing, and trying to kick the crap out of me as I carry him. 🤬🤬🤬 WOW. I was so mortified that they'd behave so badly with someone they didn't know in our house and over something so tiny. It was embarrassing and frustrating and everything in between, but the dude was nice about it and said he totally gets it cause he's got kids too that are quite capable of similar meltdowns. I just hope he really meant that! Man oh man. 

The only other thing worth mentioning is that Maeve cracked me up after school when she told me this: "Emery told me Ben has a crush on me. But I already picked Jonah as my crush, so I think Jonah should be my crush because that's fair..." 😆 The intricacies of Kindergarten romances! She has no idea how it all works and it kills me. 

Friday, May 21st:

Our Friday morning took a way different spin than normal when Adam texted me to say that he forgot his insulin at home and was gonna need me to bring it to him. I decided if I was gonna head that way, I would make it worth my while and pick up Pancake Pantry for breakfast. We drove past that place every stinking Thursday when Rowan used to have his Hematology appts and even at 11am on a Thursday the line was out the door. It is super popular and has been recommended to me before and it's kinda crazy that we still hadn't tried it yet! I figured since Adam is trying to be healthier right now anyway, I might as well just try it out on my own and treat myself. 😋 So I may have had to stop my workout in the middle of it to get his insulin to him, but at least I got to pick up some breakfast out, which is always a treat! I went with some crepe style pancakes that were filled with chocolate ganache and topped with raspberry compote. The raspberry element was definitely tasty, but I do sorta regret my choice since I had crepes for Mother's Day. I have a hard time passing up anything with chocolate in it, but given the nutella crepes I had, I should have picked something that would have felt more different. Kind of a bummer that I wish I could have gone back in time and ordered something else more unique, but what can you do!? Story of my life to be honest -- I feel like every time I'm torn between some options on a menu I always feel like I pick the wrong one and regret it. 🤦‍♀️ Guess I better not go with my gut from now on, and then I'll probably pick the right one! 

After doing that, on our way home as we got close to home and I made an impromptu decision to stop and get a new kiddie pool since the last one we had broke and it was a hot day. Little did I know they'd be sold out basically EVERYWHERE and I'd have to call/drive all over kingdom come to find one. It was so crazy! I ended up lucking out at Tractor Supply of all places. Rowan was pretty excited that it worked out because I was a little nervous there for a while that we just weren't gonna be able to get one. So once we got home, I got the back patio all cleaned up before setting it up and filling it so that he could play in it. He sure loved it!

After school, Maeve had her 6 year well check and at the same time, we were able to remove Nolan's stitches. All went well, although for some reason I felt super nauseous the whole time we were there so that wasn't fun. My anxiety always ramps up when I don't feel good and I'm not at home, but luckily I ended up being alright and it passed.

Aaaaand, last but not least, Nolan may or may not have dived into the kiddie pool with his clothes on after we got home and I may or may not have backed into a car when we left Maeve's curtain call dance rehearsal later that night.... 🙈🙈 I wasn't gonna tell Adam and just wait till he noticed anything, but of course Maeve had to let the cat out of the bag. Luckily, the lady was chill about it and said it was fine cause the damage was pretty minimal and it's not too bad on our van either, but I still feel dumb!! Been a while since I've done something like that...

Saturday, May 22nd: 

In the morning, in lieu of dance class Maeve just had to go to the studio for dance pictures in her recital costume. She got all glammed up by a couple ladies at the studio and took some shots with her class and also on her own. It was pretty cute to watch. She looked too cute in her costume and of course she LOVED having the make up on. Meanwhile at home, the boys had some fun playing in the kiddie pool together. 

We ran a long string of errands in the afternoon including Kroger, Home Depot, other little pop ins to return stuff, and Walmart. It took so long we ended up getting Chinese food for dinner and ice cream from BK since the kids did well. We bought some cheese its while we were out and cracked them open in the store cause Nolan was begging for him and that boy was very possessive of them. Don't mess with him and his cheese its! 😜

And for our laughs of the day:

~Rowan was tooting and while running through Walmart on the way to the bathroom he yelled, "I tooted a lot!!" like he was so proud of himself. 😂🙈 Oh dear. I let him know some things are better when kept to himself, haha. 

~Maeve was asking me way too many questions at bedtime and so I left and said, "OK I'm going now to be with Rowan since you've asked me like 7 questions now" and her rebuttal was, "No, I asked you 8 questions!!" 😂🤔 And even MORE reason to leave!! 

Sunday, May 23rd:

It was pretty much just a typical lazy Sunday, other than the fact that I made some homemade crescent rolls, which is always a good idea!! That's all I wrote down so that's all I got. 

And now for pictures from the week!!:

😂😍

This kid lives for any chance that he can sit in the backseat in Maeve's booster seat. I only let him when we go to Kroger, but he certainly asks me if he can allllllll day everyday. 🤦‍♀️

Yep, he's that excited 😂😍

Rocking out trying to be like Daddy 😂

I'm sorry, but the arms folded while sleeping was totally killing me! Had to take a pic 😂

Wondering how many photos I'll get of him sitting here when it's all said and done.... 😂

He's trouble! 

Yep... TROUBLE!! 

I'm sorry, but it doesn't get much cuter than him toddling around in that helmet! 😍

😍😍

Oh my. He is way too perfect! 😍😍

His little feet!! 😍😍😍

Just a boy with his hammer basically doing the splits. He is sooo flexible it's crazy! 😂

Guess I wasn't paying close enough attention. Next thing I know he's going to town on the cake scraps! 😂

Yep, I'm at that mom that lets her boys ride around in the cart like this. 😂🙈 As long as they're alive and on it somehow.... 

She is looking way too old and sophisticated these days!! 😭

Getting ready for make up after getting her hair done! 

Love this smile! 😍



😍😍

Get it girl! 😘

He loves carrying babies around now and I swear I could die 😍

Gotta love the squat 😂

Oh my 😂

Pretty killer when I get photos like these from Adam! 😂😍

I didn't even realize Adam was smart enough to snap this when he made Maeve her 6 pancake the day after her birthday! Got it from his phone. Too cute. 😍

Don't mess with my cheese its! 😆

From our trip to Rach's house the very end of April, guess I snapped this on Adam's phone! Too cute. 😍

Not even sure when Adam took this, but it's so pretty! A shot from our neighborhood street. 😍


Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment