Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

May 10th - 16th: Another week in the neighborhood

Oh man, I only have FOUR weeks to write about before I am caught up. Yikes. I am attempting to discipline myself a bit more often lately to get the job done, but with school out for the summer, the kids are staying up later than normal right now and the motivation is close to non-existent by 9pm. But I'm here tonight so GO ME! Here we go. 

Monday, May 10th: 

Leave it to Maeve to have a major tear fest on a school morning in the LAST month of the school year over the fact that she's going to miss me at school. I'm sorry, what?! Are we playing opposite day? Cause I thought that's the kind of thing that just happens at the beginning of the year, but nope. Not sure what spurred that on, but it was hard to have lots of patience considering she had months of being TOTALLY fine. 🙄

It was a monumental day at our house too because we OFFICIALLY ran out of conditioner and I had to buy some from the store for the first time in 8.5 years. Our Nuskin back stock lasted for 6 more freaking years once we stopped accumulating it and moved away from Utah. SO crazy!! 🤯

In the afternoon, I went to the dentist and found out I have an abscess at one of my roots. Ugh. It had been feeling kinda weird and puffy and I noticed a purple spot on my gums, so that's what led me to get things checked out. The dentist said I will hopefully just have to get a root canal, unless the tooth ends up being fractured, at which point I'd have to get an implant. Anyway, I got started on some antibiotics to clear up the discomfort and get rid of the infection. Never a dull moment when you've got my set of teeth!! Yaaaay. 🙄

At the dinner table, we had a stellar round 2 of Knock Knock jokes for quite a while. These kids sure know how to crack us up!

Tuesday, May 11th: 

Not much to note, other than the fact that Maeve's friend Sarah came over in the afternoon and they had a fun time playing together. I'm happy that for the most part Rowan still gets included in these little play dates. That will be a sad day when he becomes an annoyance and they don't want him around. Glad he can still tag along for now! 

In other news, I did drop a big bag of frozen strawberries on the kitchen floor and spilled like 50% of the bag. They went allllllll over the place. Luckily, the boys were nice to help me pick them all up, so it wasn't too time consuming. I'm such a klutz. 

Wednesday, May 12th: 

We've made great strides in the potty department with Rowan given that he is much more independent now, but the biggest struggle these days is that he does not always push down his penis sooo half the pee gets on the floor sometimes. At one point during the day, he told me he accidentally got some pee on the floor and I asked him how much pee there was.... maybe not the smartest question for a 3 year old considering his response: "mmmm, like 3 pees" 😂🤔 I guess he thought it was a good long pee! 

Before heading out to run some errands, Rowan and I were talking about how he needed some new sunglasses. He told me he really wanted to get some with cherries on them, because Maeve just got some new ones with cherries on them. I told him that cherries are kinda girly and he said, "Ah ha! I KNOW! Carrots!!!" 😂😂😂 It's basically the only vegetable he eats, so not a surprising suggestion. I told him I wasn't so sure that we could find some with carrots on them, so he said he could also settle for basketballs. 😂 Turns out, Walmart wasn't cool enough to have carrots OR basketballs on their little boy sunglasses. Such a shame. 🤷‍♀️ He had to go with some paw patrol ones instead. 

Our day took a turn for the worse after school when Rowan kept stealing Maeve's lemonade cup so she got frustrated and NAILED him with a ball! A screaming match may or may not have ensued between her and I when she didn't immediately cooperate when I told her to go to her room. 🙈 Not my finest parenting moment, nor her finest moment, and it put me in bad mood for a while. It sure would be nice if life was just a game and there was an escape button you could press when things get too crazy. I would have pressed the escape button for sure in that situation. 😅

Nolan stayed up waaaay too late because he just wouldn't settle at bedtime. He's so cute though, I can't complain having him around after hours. Turns out he's pretty good at watching TV. 😂😉

Thursday, May 13th: 

Nolan is a total mastermind and somehow shimmied out of one of his poopy diapers in the evening before we could even start changing him. 🤢 Yikes. And in other news, Rowan's new thing is to constantly vacuum with me with his pretend vacuum whenever I pull out the real vacuum. It's kinda the cutest. 🥰 

Unfortunately, things took a turn for the worse just before bedtime when Nolan gashed his mouth on the corner of Rowan's bed. He got a good gouge in his upper lip and I had to take him to the ER to get some stitches. Maeve was so cute before we left, I could have died. She came over to him to give him a hug and kiss and then said, "Sorry you cut your lip! I love you a lot." *😍🥰 Such a sweet, concerned sister. Poor little dude was pretty upset for a little while after it happened, but did so well waiting at the hospital. We were there for 2 hours and all but 10 minutes of that time was spent waiting. He was being so cute and silly for a good while in the stroller, but eventually wanted to be free and spent the rest of the time just walking around. It reminded me so much of my days with Rowan at the hospital during his ITP craziness because he was just a new little walker during all of that too and we just walked up and down the hallways killing time during a couple of our hospital stays. Luckily, it was just stitches this time around, though a first for us with our kids so far!! Poor little dude was not a happy camper getting it done and it was pretty sad to watch, but he did as well as he could all things considered. It only took a couple stitches so that was nice. He was happy to get outta there! 

Friday, May 14th: 

I had my first zoom appt with my new psych lady to figure out what medication to try to battle this throw up fear. Turns out it's called emetophobia. She was really nice and personable and suggested I try Prozac, but also do some cognitive behavioral therapy. She gave me some recommendations and I still need to get something set up with one of those therapists. At least I'm on the right track now to getting the help I need. I've been taking the Prozac and so far so good. My biggest concern is that I might end up gaining weight, but so far I haven't noticed anything crazy so let's hope it stays that way. 🤞

Other highlights of the day include Maeve getting her first loose tooth (she's growing up! 😭) and also giving Zoey a much needed haircut, so now we're back to a nice short summer cut. I always loooove how soft she feels when her hair is nice and short. Apparently getting stiches is not enough to slow Nolan down either, because he was more that ready to keep toddling around outside with his police car and in fact was SO mad when Rowan was tired of being outside and it was time to go back inside that he threw himself on the ground and got a nice big goose egg on his head. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Here we go, bring on all the injuries! That little boy could play outside all day long if I let him, I swear. 

Maeve played with Bella in the afternoon at her house and got lucky enough to stay for dinner since her mom decided to order pizza for her girls for dinner and was nice enough to include Maeve. I picked her up in time to go to her curtain call rehearsal at her dance studio. Lots of excitement for this little girl! 

Saturday, May 15th: 

I took Maeve to her dance class  in the morning and then Adam went off roofing. Rowan put me in fantastic mood when he charged at me from behind and knocked me into the cabinet, while I was putting away some tupperware. All fun and games for him, heaven forbid he think about how that might feel for the other person who isn't even EXPECTING it!! 🤬 To make matters worse, after passing some time playing board games, a couple hours later he jumped on me with all his body weight when I was least expecting it and I totally snapped! It was like my defenses kicked in to protect myself and it took everything in me to not just punch him. Whew. I turned into a bit of an emotional mess and poor Maeve and I were supposed to go on a date once Adam got home. I knew I would have a hard time immediately flipping the switch for her so we could have a fun time, so I suggested we wait a little while and eat dinner first so that I could cheer up and we could have the most fun time possible. She was so mature to understand even though she was so excited and the poor, sweet girl made me the most heartfelt card since she knew I was sad. 🥰😭 She really has the biggest heart and gives me so much love when I need it most. I truly love and appreciate her for it! 

Our little date did not disappoint - we had planned to get custard from Culver's, but since that didn't take very long we last minute decided to hop over to Barnes and Noble and read some books together. It was so nice to have some fun one on time with her and I think she really ate it up. The Barnes and Noble parking lot smelled like fries as we were walking back out to the car and she said, "It smells like fries and that makes me hungry for fries..." totally hoping I would offer to go get her fries, the little stink. I told her Culver's was enough of a treat. 😉 Unless you're me, which in that case the kiddie sized cup of custard is not enough, and you end up getting Crumbl cookies in the same night. Yep, I'm fat. But at least I'm happy too. 😂😏 I just had to try the blueberry crumb cake flavor and it did not disappoint! 

Sunday, May 16th: 

It was a momentous day because we started up the second hour of in person church again, so Rowan got to go to Primary for the first time as a sunbeam!! Kinda can't believe he's old enough for Primary - seems like the time didn't really pass because of this weird covid break with all the home church and no nursery. Pretty crazy! He was super nervous the night before, crying that I couldn't leave him alone there and that he would need me with him the whole time. Then when he woke up on Sunday morning, it was like a switch flipped, and he insisted as long as he could hold Maeve's hand and walk into Primary hand in hand and sit next to her the whole time, he wouldn't be nervous. SWEET boy!! That Maeve means everything to him and I couldn't love it more. She was so cute holding his hand and making sure he was okay and ready to go in. I hope they'll always look out for each other! He did great and loved it. 🙌

The kids were begging me after church to play with Zoey, Zia, and John, so we invited the Pylant's over for dinner, but she was so excited for what she was planning on making for dinner that we ended up just going over there instead. She made breakfast for dinner - eggs, hashbrowns, biscuits and gravy, and bacon and it was all delish!! We hung out and played some bananagrams and had a good time as always. So nice to have good friends that we're totally comfortable with! 

Well that wraps up the week! Here are pics from the week: 

Cute boy passed out 😍

He's ferocious. Look at that face!! 😳

Just pulling his weight 😂

Child labor at its finest 🤣

He's a mischievous one 😂

His gash! 

He was totally hamming it up in the following shots 👇👇


😂😍

All stitched up and happy to be home! 

Trying to be one of the big kids 😊

Date with Maeve! Had to show off our matching masks. Of course I can just barely pull off a kids a mask 😂🤦‍♀️

Love my girl 😍

Ready for his first day in Primary! He's looking so old to me all the sudden these days! 😭 Such a handsome boy. 

Here's a couple videos from the week too. I could watch Nolan play basketball all day long and he could play it all day long! He is always begging me to put the rim on the chair so he can reach and play. 😍 The video of him walking around with the water cup totally cracks me up! 😂

https://youtube.com/shorts/ZtC581_mZ1I?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/LpiCnhS662U?feature=share

Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment