Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Maeveisms Chapter 2


My mother in law recently came up with the term Maeveisms for all the funny things Maeve does/says. What a perfect term for it! I'm sure it comes as no surprise these words/actions come from her given the above facial expressions 👆 - she is clearly quite the character. All I did was ask her to smile! 😂 I've worked up another good batch of Maeveisms so here we go....

1. She has been doing this one for awhile but I don't think I ever mentioned it, or knowing me I did and just think I didn't because mom brain! I make these Lentil sloppy joes from time to time and instead of calling them sloppy joes she calls them trader joes... 😂😂😂. We do happen to love that store so I can't blame her for the confusion!

2. She's pretty sassy and has developed a bit of an attitude that she throws at me sometimes. Just the other day with attitude in her voice she said to me "I do NOT have an attitude!" - picture whiny voice with the hands on the hips. Yep. You keep talkin girl. She likes to turn my discipline tactics on me sometimes and if she doesn't like my proposal she will say "Here's the deal!..." 🤦‍♀️I also often say to her "here's your options" and now she says that back to me sometimes too. 😥🤷‍♀️

3. One time I said to her "I'm just gonna run do something real quick, I'll be right back" - she kinda protested for a minute and I assured her I'd be fast and then she said "No, no! Mom be slow, just go slow so you don't hurt yourself!" 😂😂 Just looking after me, that sweet girl. 😍

4. I don't remember the exact situation but I had approached her surprised about something and asked her when she had done that thing and she replied "Oh, 6 minutes ago!" - excuse me, what? How old are you?? 😂

5. She has the best memory but for some reason still always recalls things as having happened yesterday. Doesn't matter if it was yesterday or 3 months ago, she will still just say it was yesterday and remember it as if it was! Cracks me up.

6. We were at Toys R Us a while back and she was obsessing over a play microwave. It was pretty cheap so we went ahead and just bought it for her and she always refers to it now as her microwaver! 😂😂

7. She has always loved her white stuffed Lamby but as of late she's been especially attached. We can't even leave the house without it. One day I tried to get her to keep it in the car while we went grocery shopping and she resisted so I said "Lamby just has to come?" and she responded "yes, I'm obsessed with him!" 😂😂😂 - you got that right, girl! During that whole shopping trip she was being especially cute and helpful and when I told her we had picked up the last thing she said "Yay! We are done with our errands!" - she really picks up on everything I say haha. I am pretty impressed with her vocabulary!

8. Recently she's been having fun climbing into Rowan's exersaucer (and looks like a total giant as shown below 😂👇). She was praying before bedtime one night and said "We thank thee for our healthy bodies. We thank thee for our healthy exersaucer that I like to go in." 😂🤔 Not sure why she considers it healthy but she had me laughing!

9. Her new phrase is "I'm good!" - I asked her the other day what veggies she wanted for lunch and gave her the options. After thinking for a minute she said "Hmmm.... I'm good! (without any)" - unfortunately I don' think it works that way sis. You gotta pick one!

10. Sometimes she likes for me to lay with her for a couple minutes at night before goes to sleep. Usually before I even decide to call it quits, she is ready to go to sleep and says "Leave me mommy!" 😭😂 💔 I'm glad she feels ready, but still a little heartbreaking!

And that's a wrap for this time. Peace. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment