Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Monday, May 17, 2021

April 26th - May 2nd, 2021: Party in KY

Look at me, sticking to my goals to get updated and back on track. Whoop whoooop! 👊 Here we go headed into the week before last...

👆 I said that because I wrote this whole post the day after I posted my last post, but the only thing I didn't do was add captions to my photos. So that was the only hold up to actually clicking post aaaaand here we are 5 days later finally doing that. 🤦‍♀️


Monday, April 26th:

I really only have some funny stuff that was said throughout the day to share from this particular day, so let's get laughing...

~Nolan was guzzling down some water and I said to him, "Is it sooo yummy??" to which Rowan responded, "No, it's so drinky! Cause you drink it! Drinky!" Then he laughed at himself, proud of how clever he was. 😂 I see what you're throwing down there dude, pretty good, pretty good! I'll give it to you. 

~We had some real fun during preschool when I let Rowan pick the second movement for our teddy bear poem. The poem is:

Get your teddy bear from the ground.
Then go [insert movement] all around.
Hold him high and hold him low.
As [insert movement] all around you go. 

Usually we do dancing, skipping, hopping, running, jumping... something like that. I asked him what movement he wanted to do during our second run through and he confidently threw out "Skop!" 🤔 I asked him to demonstrate and I fully expected him to just kinda stand there unsure of what motion to do considering it was made up, but he busted out his own made up move so confidently and to be honest with you, it really did look like a mash up between a skip and a hop, so for all I know the name he chose was intentional. 🤷‍♀️😂 I was cracking up pretty good and he was pretty proud of himself for making me laugh. Skopping is a thing now in our book! 

~Another laugh during preschool was when we went to read our book. I normally tell him the title and ask him what he thinks it's going to be about. We read "Corduroy" which is about a teddy bear named Corduroy. Considering he's never even heard that term though, I said, "You're probably not so sure what this book's gonna be about, huh?" and he responded, "I think maybe they're cording something...?" *shrugs* 😂👌 A solid guess, little dude. 

~Maeve and Rowan were waiting for something to happen (I don't remember what anymore) and they got into this lovely feud and I honestly couldn't help but laugh:

Maeve: "It's taking FOREVER!" 
Rowan: "No, you mean 'it's taking SO LONG!'" 
Maeve: "Nooo, I mean, it's taking FOREVER!"
Rowan: "NO! YOU MEAN 'IT'S TAKING SO LONG!!!'"

Apparently Rowan doesn't know what the word forever means... 😂

~Rowan is obsessed with headbands and had on a particularly girly headband of mine with a bow on it. He wanted to go outside to play and I told him he probably should take that off before going outside because it's especially girly. His face lit up and he said, "AH HA! I know! We can go to the store and look for BOY headbands!!!" 😂🙈🤷‍♀️ He literally kills me. 

Tuesday, April 27th: 

Tuesday can be summed up in four words: Walmart. Playground. YW Activities. That about sums it up. A pretty typical day in the life. 

Wednesday, April 28th: 

We ventured all the way to Costco to restock up, which is always a win because since it takes awhile to get over there, shop, and get back home, I always splurge and get us all pizza. Which yes, is a total splurge considering it's a whopping $4 total to feed the boys and I. 😂😜 The real splurge this time was spending the extra couple bucks to get some frozen yogurt too. I must say, it all hit the spot!!! That vanilla fro yo is so perfectly smooth and creamy and for being so cheap and basic, their pizza really is amazing. Costco knows how to do it. We also stopped at my old Ortho office because my retainer case wouldn't clasp shut anymore, so it worked out well to be able to drop in and get a new one. The rest of the day was spent doing laundry, cleaning, and packing to get ready to head to my sister's house in KY the next day to spend the weekend there. 

Thursday, April 29th: 

Since I got most of the packing done the night before, I just had to do the final push and spend the rest of the morning and early afternoon cleaning the house and car/showering. It was probably the most chill day I've ever had getting ready to leave town because usually I am hustling way more and end up not getting to quite everything I hope to because I run out of time. I am a true procrastinator by nature. 🙈 I was pretty proud that I got to everything I wanted to besides putting on makeup without being so super rushed. Baby steps! We dropped off Zoey at my bishop's sister's house and they were all soooo excited to have her and thought she was the cutest so I knew she was in good hands. We had to leave her behind because Rach got a new puppy the day before and was a little worried to have her, Tilly, and Zoey all together. Probably would have been too much stimulation, so I totally understood. It was nice not to have to deal with her on the road, to be honest, so it all worked out. We also did something we've never done before on other travel days to KY and that was for me to drive to Adam's work to meet him there and then just leave his car there and drive the rest of the way from there. It was way nice and saved us good time for sure. Plus we avoided traffic that way. Total win win. I'm sure we'll do it every time now. As for the drive, I have to say that road trips with a 17 month old are such a joy. The whole time is literally offering snacks around the clock until those have run out and then offering new toys every 2 minutes, because it only takes that long for each toy to be chucked and he's ready for something better. 🤦‍♀️🙄 Heaven help us. At least it wasn't longer than a 3.5 hour drive!

Friday the 30th - Sunday May 2nd: 

We had ourselves a fun little weekend! We got to be with Rach's fam and my Mom and Dad, who were still there since my Mom stayed with Tess and Zach while everyone else was in Utah for a hiking trip with Josh and Dan as well. They had just gotten back a couple days before we showed up. I was bummed to be the only one to miss out, but what can you do with the little ones at home! There's always next time. As always, the weekend ended too quickly! The highlights include:

~Running errands
~Each child getting $25 from Gram and Gramps to spend so they had fun at Target picking out some new toys. Maeve and Rowan also ended up picking out some birthday presents since their birthdays were both coming up. 🙌
~All the kids also got to hit up the dollar store and spend $5 each on random treats and trinkets, which they also loved. 
~Little Caesars & Culvers for lunch on Friday and Saturday respectively
~Hit up the Nike store to get new sneakers for Maeve and Rowan in the next size up. Got some good ones!
~A Birthday party for Maeve and Zach, the birthday twins. Maeve was soooo excited for it. Rach came up with some fun little games to do last minute - one of which involved nerf guns and we all learned that Rowan has impeccable aim. It was cracking us all up because he could even hit us if we were moving!! 🤯 He was pretty obsessed with the nerf guns from that point forward until we left their house. 😂
~Going to church
~Lots and lots of time playing outside! Maeve learned how to get some air doing a front flip on the trampoline and I was impressed she was brave enough to try. She was pretty proud of herself! Rowan also entertained everyone with his newly invented skop. 😂
~Getting to try out Rach's LED light face mask which was pretty cool! I might have to ask for one of those for an upcoming birthday or Christmas gift.
~Rowan scored an extra Nike sweatband that was probably Bennett's or Liam's and he was quite thrilled to have a new "basketball headband" 😂👌

That about wraps things up! The drive home was pretty uneventful, other than picking Which Wich to stop at for dinner, thinking they'd have a drive thru, but showing up to find out it was attached to a gas station so they didn't have one. So much for a quick stop. Then it took FOREVER for them to make everything too. Oh well, at least it was way better and healthier than getting burgers again, which if Maeve had it her way we'd get every single time. 🤦‍♀️ We had one SUPER excited Zoey to see us again, which was pretty heartwarming. She knows who she belongs to that's for sure! 

And now for pics from the week: 

Lover boy looooves exploring the playground. I can barely keep up with him! 

Konked out 😍

Cracks me up that he enjoys sitting jnside this toy basket. Not the first time he's done it! 😂

Looooves his Aunt Rach and Tess. Just winning him over with screen time. 😂

Rach couldn't help herself but try out a pony in the back of his hair where he's got the most bulk. Worked quite nicely. 😂🙈

Zach was beeegging me to convince Rowan to do his hair just his like his so that they could be twins. Wasn't easy, but we eventually got what we bargained for. 😍

Romper & sandal twins. 😍 These cousins all just love finding any ways they can be the same! Fresh lipstick courtesy of Gram. 🤣

Tess is the cutest with this little lover boy. She was his little mama all weekend as often as she could be! 😍


😍😍 I can't even. He loves her right back! 

😍


Just acting like they aren't little sittin' in the backseat of Rach's van with no boosters or car seats.... 👀

Marshmallow cup game! Timed to see who could get the most marshmallows in the cup in one minute. Bennett and Liam were quite competitive for all the games and pretty sure one of them won every single game. 😂👌

Sneaking marshmallows 

Birthday twinners 🥰



A cute little pic we got of Zoey while we were gone from the family who watched her! 😍

And here's a couple videos of Liam totally cracking up Nolan every single with the same sound effect. Too cute! 😍😂 

https://youtube.com/shorts/dbzc-b_vUtA?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/VeLGKys5TII?feature=share

Side note: As I rewatched these videos to trim them and share them here, Nolan is currently sitting next to me awake (should be asleep, but fought it hard) watching them and laughing at himself laughing. 😂 Gotta love it!

Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment